Maybe Greece is a newcomer in medical tourism, however, Greece is not a newcomer in tourism nor plastic surgery. Find below 7+1 reasons why you should travel
in Greece, when considering a cosmetic procedure:
1. According to the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons, 287.000 cosmetic procedures were performed in Greece in 2017. This places Greece among the top destinations, regarding plastic surgery and therefore, definitely, Greece is not a newcomer in cosmetic surgery.
2. Greece is an EU country and its health system complies with the EU regulations. Hospitals, doctors and health institutions are obliged to follow the EU guidelines and standards. Private clinics, where all cosmetic procedures take place,
3. Most doctors in Greece have been trained in major European & American Universities, placing them amongst the best doctors worldwide. Plastic surgeons in Greece travel a lot during their career, always obtaining new knowledge and experience and the treatments stay always up to date.
4. The medical and tourism services in Greece are of
5. Unlike other countries, medical tourists in Greece can combine their medical treatment with vacations. This is sometimes crucial for patients, who
6. The famous Greek hospitality also applies to the doctors and clinical staff. We welcome foreign patients warmly and always try to do our best to meet their expectations. This does not only refer to medical treatment, but to the overall experience, leading to high levels of satisfaction.
7. The Greek culture has always been pursuing aesthetic perfection. The perfect body and face have been depicted in the antiquity, along with the well being of the mind. Modern plastic surgeons still value Greek tradition and perceive their profession as a kind of art, one that has to do with body and soul.
8. The major cities in Greece, like Athens and Thessaloniki, have direct flights from all over the world and are highly valued for their shopping and lifestyle. From local flea markets to elegant boutiques, traditional Greek taverns to Michelin starred restaurants, numerous museums to wild nightclubs, all is there to meet the visitors’ needs.